Answered

Why is the bass & treble conrols so limited?

• 18 September 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge
I would like for the bass and treble controls to have more range of control.Can hardly hear the difference when at max control.
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 19 September 2018, 03:05

TurePlay is not a be all to end all. In fact using Trueplay could make the acoustics worse but that is a rarity. Trueplay will set a base line and in most cases it's all that's needed to make your Sonos sound the best based upon room design, furniture, drapes or blinds, flooring etc. Listening is subjective so your ear will determine what the ultimate balance should be between the EQ and loudness on or off. After running Trueplay any changes manually made will negate the Trueplay settings. As I said it's a starting point that for most will be satisfactory without any additional tweaking.

Cheers!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Which Sonos speaker are you having problems with?
Badge
I have 10 play1 speakers. My complaint isn't the speakers. In Setup the difference between min and max bass/treble is hardly distinguishable. And all of my music has too much bass for me.
Userlevel 7
If you have an iOS device (or access to one) try tuning the room(s) with TruPlay in the Sonos App.

Cheers!
Badge
My Sonos is PC or Android. Have never liked Apple products.
Userlevel 7
Well in that case I suggest you disengage “loudness” for each room in the Sonos app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Borrow a friend with an apple device or grab the cheapest off this list.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3222?language=en_US
Badge
Will TruePlay give you more adjustment when using the EQ setting? The info suggests that it tunes the speakers to a room but doesn't provide more EQ adjustment. Does Loudness turn TruePlay OFF. Seems as if Sonos engineering tries to decide the tuning and they don't allow much in the way of user tuning.
Userlevel 7
TurePlay is not a be all to end all. In fact using Trueplay could make the acoustics worse but that is a rarity. Trueplay will set a base line and in most cases it's all that's needed to make your Sonos sound the best based upon room design, furniture, drapes or blinds, flooring etc. Listening is subjective so your ear will determine what the ultimate balance should be between the EQ and loudness on or off. After running Trueplay any changes manually made will negate the Trueplay settings. As I said it's a starting point that for most will be satisfactory without any additional tweaking.

Cheers!