Answered

Why is sonos so rubbish

Userlevel 1

I’ve had been stuck with a sonos system for 4 years and have had nothing but trouble - i wouldn't give them a fiver for it. Even though I’ve learned to turn the updates off (due to too many issues to name) i can still tell they’re tampering in the background. The latest being, all the grouped speakers have been lost and the (group) function will no longer work to reinstate groupings - I can play to one speaker but not several. On closer inspection i note that they now have an S2 version. Even though my S1 version was clunky it was adequate, but now the above feature doesn't work at all. I would love to be able to rid myself of the IT +#@*! in the background and actually be able to use the speakers i paid for.

Any advice on finding freedom?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 12 April 2021, 09:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Wow: 4 years of trouble and you’ve only now asked for help. Good luck, but I’m not going to get involved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

An interesting approach to getting help! Rather than putting' None of your business' in your profile, it would be helpful to know your country location and what devices you have. 🤔

The description of your problem sounds more network related than Sonos specific. But your situation is not helped by the fact updates are turned off. Sonos speakers are not dumb devices, they interact with streaming services ( you also omitted any information on what sources you listen too! 😵‍💫) And are network devices to enable multi room synchronisation. Some information on your home network would also help.😳

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Wow: 4 years of trouble and you’ve only now asked for help. Good luck, but I’m not going to get involved. 

Lol, I can understand! 😳

Wow: 4 years of trouble and you’ve only now asked for help. 

And registered on the community nearly 3 years ago. All that time, and not a single post enquiring about how to fix what are clearly network issues. No mention of contacting Sonos Support either.

Userlevel 1

I have actually contacted Sonos on several occasions (all of which coincided with updates causing issues). Sadly, there wasn't a lot of value in the responses from Sonos (much like above) which left me annoyed, frustrated and disappointed I wasted money on this system.  it was recommended that I stop updates, which helped until recently.

My network is absolutely fine BTW.

I only wanted to have a sound system throughout my house, i didn't want a relationship.I posted with little expectation of help and a greater desire to express my distaste of this companies product.

Userlevel 1

I also note I’m not the only one:

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

When a person is frustrated with something, it’s easy to understand how bad it feels… but I just don’t understand why there’re quite a lot of people have been using SONOS for years and without any problem… or at least no big problem? So glad that I’m one of those...

Any advice on finding freedom?

Sell on eBay?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have actually contacted Sonos on several occasions (all of which coincided with updates causing issues). Sadly, there wasn't a lot of value in the responses from Sonos (much like above) which left me annoyed, frustrated and disappointed I wasted money on this system.  it was recommended that I stop updates, which helped until recently.

My network is absolutely fine BTW.

I only wanted to have a sound system throughout my house, i didn't want a relationship.I posted with little expectation of help and a greater desire to express my distaste of this companies product.

Issues after an update are almost always caused by the Sonos device being  rebooted afterwards and failing to reconnect to the network correctly. I can understand that you just want your speakers to work but if you want multiple network devices to connect seamlessly, then your network must be stable.

The members of this forum spend a lot of their own time helping people getting the most out of Sonos and personally I respond much better to requests for help rather than rants with little to no information.

To resolve your issue, I suggest that you turn updates back on then follow the steps in my post below.

Userlevel 1

The members of this forum spend a lot of their own time helping people getting the most out of Sonos and personally I respond much better to requests for help rather than rants with little to no information

There is always a choice not to respond, instead responses have an undercurrent of incredulity.  We all want people to like the things we do but sadly that’s not always the case.   Kool-aid aside, I will view your post when i have time - thanks.

Kumar...yes eBay has been considered a lot :rolling_eyes::slight_smile: .

Generally, thanks to all the enthusiasts and believers who have responded - its been informative.