Why hasn’t Sonos addressed the loud popping issue?

• 17 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have been a loyal Sonos customer from the get go but I just can’t understand why they haven’t addressed the loud popping issue in the beam and arc products when customers are choosing Dolby Atmos output. Looking at these forum posts, its across multiple sources (appleTV, Xbox, etc) and across multiple TV types. Why doesn’t Sonos say something about this? Tell us you are working on it. Something.

As of now, I am considering trashing my Sonos set up in favor of Bluesound. I just can’t stay with a company/brand that leaves their customers in the dark on a crappy issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SLO hombre 

Thanks for your post!

I appreciate your frustration, but all I can say at the moment is that we are aware of the issue and are still currently investigating. Although it does happen with X-Box, Apple TV and PlayStation, it also appears to be limited to these particular devices. We have no time-frame to share for a resolution, nor can I say if the fault lies with us or not.

I can only recommend that you leave Atmos disabled for the time-being.