Answered

Why does this keep happening, losing faith with sonos now

• 9 March 2019
  • 1 reply

I have real trouble with the reliability of my sonos system and it is seriously annoying. Its just so temperamental , one minute all good the next it wont even make it through a whole song. I have good wifi strength and all other devices that connect to it work without issue. I purchased a boost hoping it would help. It seems to have made no difference. I came onto this board and was told about changing the wifi channel from auto to a fixed channel number, i did that phtting the router in channel 1 and my sonos on channel 11. Still i am having problems what is going on? I bought this system because i love music and i cant even get through 1 bl00dy song!!! Please can someone help?.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 March 2019, 22:42

There's not much in your post to go on, so I'll go with the potentials of wifi interference, which could be coming from outside of your network, not inside, since you've already changed channels. It could be duplicate IP addresses. You've not said how your system is connected, what speakers you have, or what music you're trying to screen, much less which version of the software, and what device you're running the controller on, with its OS.

So I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There's not much in your post to go on, so I'll go with the potentials of wifi interference, which could be coming from outside of your network, not inside, since you've already changed channels. It could be duplicate IP addresses. You've not said how your system is connected, what speakers you have, or what music you're trying to screen, much less which version of the software, and what device you're running the controller on, with its OS.

So I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.