Answered

why does sonos support suck

• 26 October 2021
  • 1 reply

I called 2x today to support because my 27 Sonos speakers have somehow all disconnected from my UniFi network.  Both times level 2 support was involved / basically telling me to contact UniFi .  The problem has nothing to do with UniFi - only Sonos among 450 devices on my four Wi-Fi networks has a problem.  

Thanks for nothing Sonos / I failed to even get an email response after they promised to provide one.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 October 2021, 10:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sseefeld7 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

As was written in the case notes - so I presume was explained to you - your Sonos system is online. I just double-checked this. This would indicate that your network is not allowing your Sonos app to communicate with the system, which is why we’re looking at it as a networking issue.

From the notes, it also looks like you need to book an appointment to speak to a Tier 2 technician - I don’t think you’ve spoken to one yet.

I assume the following steps have been suggested, but I’ll include them here just in case:

• In the Settings tab, click Wireless Networks.
  • Click Edit next to the network SSID.
  • Expand Advanced Options.
  • Uncheck Block LAN to WLAN Multicast and Broadcast Data.
  • In the Settings tab, click Sites.
  • Disable Auto-Optimize Network.

I also recommend you permanently connect one Sonos device via ethernet - that will change the way all your Sonos devices connect to the network, and is likely to improve things. Please keep the wired unit at least 3 feet away from any WiFi access points.

I hope this helps. You may also find my Troubleshooting Sonos on WiFi article of help.