Answered

Why does radio keep cutting out on Sonos - Spotify works but radio keeps dropping out

So getting very frustrated with radio keep dropping out, this is on various Sonos devices and using TuneIn and Global player app. Uninstalled it all yesterday and guess what once back on within a minute radio dropped out.

Any ideas please, using a Sonos booster and have good broadband along with a mesh system so at a loss

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 14 June 2022, 11:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

It could be the station. You didn’t say which one(s) you had trouble with.

Stations are Radio X, Heart Dance and both drop out on both tunein app and global app

TuneIn etc are simply directory services, which point back to the origin servers. If other stations work okay then its likely that those stations have specific issues of their own.

Will check others, but also cuts out playing direct from Spotify app, hence my thinking that somewhere it’s a Sonos issue

Interesting. I’d have taken that as an issue with the Spotify servers. At that point, when playing from the Spotify app, Sonos is merely a speaker receiving data, they’re not really involved with any of their software beyond playback.

But that’s pretty much true all the time. The Sonos software tells the speaker where to reach out on Spotify’s servers to get the data and play it. There’s not a lot of ‘in between’ that Sonos does. At no point does the music exist on a Sonos server, ever. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AlMac 

Thanks for your post!

Could you please recreate the issue, then submit a support diagnostic? Please then reply here with the number given by the app and I’ll take a look for you.

Thanks Corry P , will do

Cheers

Al