Answered

Where's my old Sonos since the last update??

• 31 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I don’t even know where to start.  It started with the Beam not showing up on my system.  I’d unplug and plug it back in and it would be ok for a few hours, then gone again.  Had to do a factory re-set and re-add to the system.  Then went the Play:3, fixed by unplugging and plugging back in.  Then the paired Play 5’s, which took nearly 2 hours to get re-added after several failed attemtps.  Now, my Arc/Play1s/Sub in the home theater are gone and the 5s are gone again.  I’m at a loss.  I’ve done a factory reset on almost everything.  I’ve re-booted the router several times.  This all started after the last Sonos update.  Any ideas?  

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 31 January 2021, 23:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Are the devices running on your WiFi signal or the internal SonosNet signal? In either case have you perhaps tried changing/fixing the 2.4Ghz channel on the router and setting it to a non-overlapping channel such as channel 1, 6 or 11 and maybe also use a channel-width of 20MHz .. you may also find these two links useful:

Sonos Support Document:

WiFi Interference

Wireless Interference Video:

Wireless Interference and Sonos

Fixed!  I have an Asus Zen Wifi AX system with 1 router and 1 node, and it was using auto select for the 2.4 GHz channel and was using 7.  I switched to 6 and all is right with the world!  Thank you for the advice, wish I’d asked sooner!