Where is 'Settings>Advanced settings' on iphone app?

• 19 September 2016
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
The app is telling me that I'm on one wi-fi network and Sonos is on another and that I should change to the network that Sonos is on. Bizarre. When I click on 'This isn't working > more options > wireless setup' I'm told to 'Go to Settings > Advanced settings and select Wireless Setup' but I'm not sure how to do this, could anyone help? I'm doing all of this on my phone. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Your saying your controller is. It seeing your Sonos network. Easiest thing I would do is take one Sonos unit and hard wire it to your router. Your controller in the wifi from that router should then see your Sonos system and work properly. Now if want to go a to not having a wired unit then go under settings advanced and do the wifi setup.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've done that (hard wired the speaker to the router), it did recognise it and all the other speakers in the house. But as soon as I disconnected the ethernet cable, the app went back to saying that I and Sonos were on two different wifi networks. You suggest going to settings/advanced to do wifi set-up, but that's what I don't know how to do - could you tell me where to find 'settings"?

Thanks so much
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3144/~/switching-sonos-to-a-new-wifi-network
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If under settings in Sonos app you don't see advanced it means your controller and hardware are on mismatched versions.
Had a similar problem when I moved to Google WiFi. Got a bit confused because the 'Controller' wasn't actually the iPad / iPhone / Android that you use to control SONOS it was the Mac that I had the original SONOS software set up on (and never ever use). Once I had realised that all I needed to do was update the SONOS software / firmware on that to sync the 'Controller' and the 'Speakers' together and it finally it started to work. The only weird thing was that when I originally set up a couple of years ago I plugged the speaker into my Ethernet cable as the SONOS speaker refused to talk to the BT Home Hub 5. Had the opposite problem with Google WiFi in that I had to remove the Ethernet cable and let it connect via WiFi. Which was a bonus as one less cable to worry about. All good now. If anyone is interested am very happy with Google WiFi and have confined various WiFi boosters to the garage. Hope that helps.
Changed routers about 5 weeks ago. Easily switched five different devices to the new Wifi, no wires no ethernet cables, all easy. Not Sonos. Really regret buying the playbar now. Won't be getting any more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Changed routers about 5 weeks ago. Easily switched five different devices to the new Wifi, no wires no ethernet cables, all easy. Not Sonos. Really regret buying the playbar now. Won't be getting any more.

Hi fijidave23,

Your mobile devices connects to your Sonos system through your home wireless network. When changing the network, your phone has to be taught how to connect to the new signal. Sonos is the same. The easiest way to do so is to connect one Sonos unit up to your new router with an ethernet cable. Then you can use your controller to set the new wireless settings. If your new router doesn't have a port, you can factory reset one player, then connect it using the initial setup process. This take a bit more steps, but will achieve the same result. This guide goes into more detail.

Please let us know if you need any help getting things working.