What to do with all the Sonos Bridges that come with the Play1,3,5,etc?

Badge
Sonos is giving away bridges with the speakers, at least this month. What is their suggested usage, when getting multiple speakers? I see that extending the Sonos' Network is one idea. Since connecting a speaker to an existing network connects, without a bridge, will adding an additional bridge to an area further from the main Sonos network pickup a weaker signal and allow this speaker to then pick up this weaker signal? I guess another way to ask the second part of this question is; Does a bridge have a better chance than a speaker to pick up a weaker signal?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello Mr.Dave,

A Sonos BRIDGE is a great device to extend the wireless network for the Sonos. 
But if the speakers are already connected to each other no need to add a BRIDGE.

If you have any drop out issues the best would be to submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number. We will be able to check the wireless connection on the Sonos system and tell you if a BRIDGE should be added.

I understand that does not answer your question 100% but with out a diagnostic I can not tell you if the Sonos BRIDGE should be added.
Here is a FAQ showing you how to Submit system diagnostic

Thank you
Max
Badge
Gee Max, thanks for the prompt reply! However I am not having a problem, I am a new customer, and do not have your product at this time. You are correct you did not answer my question or questions. You can reread my questions or maybe someone else can assist? Answering calls at 5 AM seems to me that you are really just blowing through calls without providing any value.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Gee Max, thanks for the prompt reply! However I am not having a problem, I am a new customer, and do not have your product at this time. You are correct you did not answer my question or questions. You can reread my questions or maybe someone else can assist? Answering calls at 5 AM seems to me that you are really just blowing through calls without providing any value.
Hello Mr.Dave,

Sorry for the misunderstanding I was thinking you already had a Sonos system.

- What is their suggested usage, when getting multiple speakers?
The Sonos BRIDGE is made to be the first Sonos unit the will start the wireless mesh for all the other wireless zone.
Any Sonos device can be wired to the router to start the wireless mesh, but in some setups users do not want music in the room or location the home router is in.

- Since connecting a speaker to an existing network connects, without a bridge, will adding an additional bridge to an area further from the main Sonos network pickup a weaker signal and allow this speaker to then pick up this weaker signal?
A Sonos BRIDGE is a great device to extend the wireless network for the Sonos system.
The BRIDGE is not better nor less then any other Sonos device to pick up a wireless signal.

Thank you
Max

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings