Answered

What is WMP and OTP in Settings?

• 16 January 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
What does WM and OTP mean? I think WM means I'm connected to SonosNet but I've NEVER seen this OTP setting before (and it's blank)...can anyone explain/let me know if this is normal?

Thanks!

PLAY:1: Dining Room
Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXX
Version: 7.0 (build 34735162c)
Hardware Version: 1.20.1.6-1
IP Address: XXXXXXXXXX
WM: 0
---------------------------------
PLAYBAR: Living Room
Hardware Version: 1.9.1.10-1
Audio In: Dolby Digital 5.1
OTP:
PLAY:1: Living Room (RS)
PLAY:1: Living Room (LS)
icon

Best answer by ratty 16 January 2017, 16:37

Ignore it. It's just a microcode version on some peripheral controller or other. Some devices don't show anything in About, some show "OTP:" with a blank.

FWIW the /proc/driver/audio/audioctl diagnostic item for PLAY:5 Gen1 includes "OTP version: U-Boot 1.1.1(1-16-4-zp5s-0.5)"
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

It has akways been there. I Googled it once but didn't understand the answer and have ignored it ever since.
WM:0 indicates SonosNet, WM:1 wifi. I think surround speakers bonded to a Playbsr come up as WM:2 but cannot check that at the moment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
WM is the wireless mode, and John B has the info right for all three possible settings.

Not sure about OTP. I think it's something related to older speakers though, as only my old Gen1 Play:5 speaker has anything listed for it. OTP doesn't show up for my Connect or Bridge (Connect shows something different though, r8).
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
The “About My Sonos System” screen displays all of the Sonos products connected to your household, and whether they are connected to your home’s WiFi (Standard Setup) or the dedicated Sonos network (BOOST Setup). Look for a row under each player that says “WM” (Wireless Mode).

“WM=0” means your system is in a BOOST Setup
“WM=1” means your system is in a Standard Setup
"WM=2" means the device is bonded as a surround speaker or SUB to a PLAYBAR in Standard Setup

I cannot find OTP?
Badge +1
WM is the wireless mode, and John B has the info right for all three possible settings.

Not sure about OTP. I think it's something related to older speakers though, as only my old Gen1 Play:5 speaker has anything listed for it. OTP doesn't show up for my Connect or Bridge (Connect shows something different though, r8).

The “About My Sonos System” screen displays all of the Sonos products connected to your household, and whether they are connected to your home’s WiFi (Standard Setup) or the dedicated Sonos network (BOOST Setup). Look for a row under each player that says “WM” (Wireless Mode).

“WM=0” means your system is in a BOOST Setup
“WM=1” means your system is in a Standard Setup
"WM=2" means the device is bonded as a surround speaker or SUB to a PLAYBAR in Standard Setup

I cannot find OTP?
So, since my Playbar is connected via Ethernet cable the LS and RS speakers are correct on WM=0, right? Bonded (WM=3) would only be if I had a standard setup? I'm pretty sure I have Boost Setup.

Is there a reason I have OTP next to my Playbar settings and it's blank?
OTP: One Time Programmable

It appears to reference a boot loader, at least in PLAY:5 Gen1.
Badge +1
OTP: One Time Programmable

It appears to reference a boot loader, at least in PLAY:5 Gen1.
Sorry, what does that mean in terms of my Playbar?

And since mine is blank does mine even have it? I guess I'm trying to see if it's normal to even see OTP since I never remember seeing it before...
Ignore it. It's just a microcode version on some peripheral controller or other. Some devices don't show anything in About, some show "OTP:" with a blank.

FWIW the /proc/driver/audio/audioctl diagnostic item for PLAY:5 Gen1 includes "OTP version: U-Boot 1.1.1(1-16-4-zp5s-0.5)"