Answered

What is the best way to recover a dropped room in the app?

• 4 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge
This in regards to that typical time with the app where the room you were actively configuring (aka. selecting music for / grouping / etc) suddenly drops out of the app and you can no longer select it. Is there an easy way to get the app to reload / reconnect to the room?

I'm trying to find an easier alterative to having to reboot all my network equipment one at a time. And why can't the app be more resilient to handle this scenario (which honestly happens at least once per time I use it)?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 October 2017, 06:45

It's not the app that you're having trouble with, it's your local wifi setup. Streaming music is less tolerant to interruption than almost any other device that would be connected to your local wifi.

Really, rebooting your network and Sonos devices is pretty simple, and doesn't take that long. You could, however, set up reserved IP addresses for all of your Sonos devices, and not have to do this step again.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It's not the app that you're having trouble with, it's your local wifi setup. Streaming music is less tolerant to interruption than almost any other device that would be connected to your local wifi.

Really, rebooting your network and Sonos devices is pretty simple, and doesn't take that long. You could, however, set up reserved IP addresses for all of your Sonos devices, and not have to do this step again.