Answered

weird chime noise from Play:5 stereo pair

• 8 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I have a stereo pair of Play:5’s in the living room and one is making a strange tonal sound every so often.

There isn’t an Alexa style device connected and it’s driving me mad.

Any thoughts on how to fix it?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 March 2021, 10:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DonB1974 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I gather this is a chiming sound, like it makes when setting a speaker up, rather than a buzz or distortion?

Please open the Sonos app and select Settings » System » [name of room with pair] » Remove Stereo Pair.

Once done, please band them back together using Create Stereo Pair in the same part of the app.

If that doesn’t fix the issue, repeat the steps above, but this time, after removing the pair, factory reset the speaker that makes the chiming noise.

When the speaker flashes green, your S2 app will offer to add it back on to your system - please do so and pair the speakers back together. If you’re on S1, you’ll need to add the speaker manually, from Settings » System » Add A Product.

Test and if the issue remains, please get in touch with our technical support team.