Volume Randomly Increasing to Max

• 23 April 2019
  • 80 replies

Show first post

80 replies

Use Alexa for rain sounds for our baby. Went to max volume in the middle of the night. Unknown how long it was on. Hope her ears are ok. 

This problem was driving me crazy as well. I ended up unplugging my Ikea Tradfri home automation hub and it instantly solved the problem for me. I have the Ikea Symfonisk which is a volume dial designed to control Sonos speakers. My *guess* is that the batteries were running low and it's causing some erratic behavior. 

This may or may not be the solution for others but isolate the cause by disconnecting any physical device that has the ability to control the volume of your speakers.

This was reported months ago. Why hasn’t it been resolved? This is SONOS’s Tesla-randomly-veering-off-the-freeway moment. It completely saps confidence In the product and makes SONOS look like every other Internet of Sh^t product out there. 

My ears are still hurting from the blast we got 2 hours ago. Running SONOS and Spotify via an iPhone.

This was reported months ago. Why hasn’t it been resolved? This is SONOS’s Tesla-randomly-veering-off-the-freeway moment. It completely saps confidence In the product and makes SONOS look like every other Internet of Sh^t product out there. 

My ears are still hurting from the blast we got 2 hours ago. Running SONOS and Spotify via an iPhone.

Sounds to me like a Spotify mobile app connection to the Sonos MAPI interface was not ended correctly and the audio 'restored' to the mobile device and that volume was adjusted to Max with the phone hardware buttons … perhaps ensure the audio is redirected back to the mobile device at the end of playing from Spotify and that should stop this happening in the future.

This is a Spotify issue surely, rather than a Sonos issue? ... as the session connection to the API continues after their App has closed and even after the device has left the home LAN, which means this can occur whilst positioned at a remote location. I would just ensure you end the playback session appropriately, or perhaps speak with Spotify Support about the matter to get them to resolve this issue at their end.

Could be unrelated, but I have the same issue all services from my Apple TV (Hulu, Apple Movies, Netflix, Plex -- it doesn’t matter. 

Sonos Beam, and 2x Play:1’s. We use the Apple TV remote for everything as it’s the only input device. 

Any insight?