Answered

Volume lowering on IOS Sonos App and Connection to Spotify lost

• 27 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Our Sonos system lowers its volume level contantly - not great in a 3 floor venue.

We also have gaps in our music as an error comes up contantly saying the song cannot be played as the connection to Spotify has been lost. 

I have submitted a diagnostic - 1224513342

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 27 February 2022, 21:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Our Sonos system lowers its volume level contantly - not great in a 3 floor venue.

We also have gaps in our music as an error comes up contantly saying the song cannot be played as the connection to Spotify has been lost. 

I have submitted a diagnostic - 1224513342

What you describe in relation to the volume-level constantly lowering, sounds very much to me like voice assistant ‘audio ducking’. If that is the case and you don’t want that across certain Sonos devices, you will likely be able to address that in the voice assistant App. In the case of Amazon Alexa you would go to the Amazon Alexa App and simply remove the speakers from the controlling group/device that is responding to the Alexa wake word. Deleting the group itself (if not required) is perhaps an easy/quick solution in some cases.

The likely ‘separate’ issue about the connection to Spotify being lost, is perhaps down to network interference - you may find these two links helpful and hopefully a beginning to help resolve that matter:

Wireless Interference Document:

WiFi Interference

Wireless Interference Video:

Wireless Interference and Sonos