Answered

Volume Issues

• 15 June 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
I was trying to play music through the Google Music App and it wasn't working. I went back to to TV and the Sonos became basically unresponsive. Sound was coming through but nothing else worked.

I rebooted (by pulling the plug on the playbase) and now the volume controls require me to step up or step down with individual presses rather than a continuous adjustment by holding the button (Directv remote...I have two...they are both doing the same thing). This is a new issue as of my issues this morning and right after it became unresponsive and I rebooted. Is there a way to resolve this without a complete reset and having to re-pair everything?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by robjulo 15 June 2019, 18:08

For anyone else having the issue...here is what I did to fix it. Some combination of this worked. I "replaced" the remote through the app. Instead of hitting "volume +" when asked I hit "volume -" (this is a recommendation I found in another thread. It still didn't work, so after that I unplugged again for 30 seconds (previous unpluggings did not fix it) and this time it worked.

I don't know what step above actually fixed it, or if it was a combination of all, but it's working now. Sonos should give better feedback on this issue as every time I saw a Sonos response about this same issue, it was to simply blame the remote.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +1
For anyone else having the issue...here is what I did to fix it. Some combination of this worked. I "replaced" the remote through the app. Instead of hitting "volume +" when asked I hit "volume -" (this is a recommendation I found in another thread. It still didn't work, so after that I unplugged again for 30 seconds (previous unpluggings did not fix it) and this time it worked.

I don't know what step above actually fixed it, or if it was a combination of all, but it's working now. Sonos should give better feedback on this issue as every time I saw a Sonos response about this same issue, it was to simply blame the remote.