Answered

Volume Issues

• 15 June 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
I was trying to play music through the Google Music App and it wasn't working. I went back to to TV and the Sonos became basically unresponsive. Sound was coming through but nothing else worked.

I rebooted (by pulling the plug on the playbase) and now the volume controls require me to step up or step down with individual presses rather than a continuous adjustment by holding the button (Directv remote...I have two...they are both doing the same thing). This is a new issue as of my issues this morning and right after it became unresponsive and I rebooted. Is there a way to resolve this without a complete reset and having to re-pair everything?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by robjulo 15 June 2019, 18:08

For anyone else having the issue...here is what I did to fix it. Some combination of this worked. I "replaced" the remote through the app. Instead of hitting "volume +" when asked I hit "volume -" (this is a recommendation I found in another thread. It still didn't work, so after that I unplugged again for 30 seconds (previous unpluggings did not fix it) and this time it worked.

I don't know what step above actually fixed it, or if it was a combination of all, but it's working now. Sonos should give better feedback on this issue as every time I saw a Sonos response about this same issue, it was to simply blame the remote.
View original

1 reply

Badge
For anyone else having the issue...here is what I did to fix it. Some combination of this worked. I "replaced" the remote through the app. Instead of hitting "volume +" when asked I hit "volume -" (this is a recommendation I found in another thread. It still didn't work, so after that I unplugged again for 30 seconds (previous unpluggings did not fix it) and this time it worked.

I don't know what step above actually fixed it, or if it was a combination of all, but it's working now. Sonos should give better feedback on this issue as every time I saw a Sonos response about this same issue, it was to simply blame the remote.