Question

Volume fluctuates when streaming from Tidal app

• 2 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi. I have experienced that the volume suddenly drops when I stream music from the Tidal app on my Sonos system. Then suddenly it turns the volume back up.

I took a diagnostic report right after I experienced it the last time. Confirmation number: 1746707312

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Rmirabel, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. 

I checked the diagnostic, I would like to know how you play your tidal account through our Sonos App or through the Tidal app.

As the diagnostic shows, your using airplay. is this correct?

If so, when does the volume drop occur in the middle of a song or from the beginning and end of the song?

If it’s in the beginning and end, check Tidal for a crossfade setting.

If in the middle, check other music services, if they have the same issue.

Update us with your findings.

Hi @Kyle A 

I played it though the Tidal app using AirPlay.

The volume dropped and turned back up randomly in the middle of songs. The setting for the quality of songs in Tidal is always set for “High”. And my internet connection is 1000/1000. So I should be covered.

It seems like I don’t get the same issue through other streaming apps. I will have to check if the issue persists with Tidal or if it was a one time thing.

Usually I always play through the Sonos app with no volume issues, so that is why I noticed it immediately.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Rmirabel, thank you for the clarification.

I see, only Tidal has the issue; update us if you find something else. 

I would like to also confirm when playing your Tidal account in the Sonos app; Tidal doesn’t volume drop? 

I also checked our resources and there’s no outage report from Tidal.

I would like to know the model of your router, so we can check for any known issues.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.