Answered

Volume controls with Sonos app and other things!

• 19 February 2019
  • 1 reply

So I just purchased the Sonos Beam, which is my first Sonos product. Set up went fine, but I’m running into a couple issues. I have a Sony 800e and have the controller set up with the beam, connected via hdmi arc. The issue I’m running into is when I use the TV remote the volume slider in the app responds, but I can not use the volume slider in the app to control the volume at all. This is concerning, how do I know if the beam is responding to the app at all? Example would be, how do I know for sure that voice enhancement is actually on? Also, Alexa does not seem to respond while watching TV. Example would be that I can not control the volume with voice while watching TV. Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by LN330 19 February 2019, 19:05

Just wanted to put this out there for others having the same issue. Ensure Bravia sync is enabled on your TV. This is Sony’s version of CEC. Make sure the Beam is present in the device list. I then performed a factory reset of the beam by unplugging the device, holding in the sync button, and plugging the beam back in, continue to hold the sync button until the light flashes green. Run the set up process again. Fixed everything for me!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Just wanted to put this out there for others having the same issue. Ensure Bravia sync is enabled on your TV. This is Sony’s version of CEC. Make sure the Beam is present in the device list. I then performed a factory reset of the beam by unplugging the device, holding in the sync button, and plugging the beam back in, continue to hold the sync button until the light flashes green. Run the set up process again. Fixed everything for me!