Answered

Volume control on TiVo remote not working for sound bar.

• 19 April 2019
  • 3 replies

I have a Sonos soundbar and my TiVo remote volume control worked fine until today. Remote works fine for other functions. I can control the volume through the Sonos app, but not the TiVo remote. Any ideas? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 April 2019, 00:08

It's been a while since I had a TiVo, but I seem to recall there was something in the setup of the TiVo that allowed you to reprogram the remote. I'd try that, it sounds like it's not sending the same IR signal as it used to.

Or, just go into the Sonos controller and reprogram the remote there, it will "learn" whatever the TiVo remote is now sending, assuming that it's sending anything at all.

Might be worth trying just replacing the batteries in the remote, too. I've had issues that were fixed that way.
View original

3 replies

Heh. Glad that fixed it. It's always a crap shoot, but I've found in my many, many years of experience that different IR receivers have different sensitivities....so even if it works on the TV, it might not work on the Sonos system, or vice versa.

People assume it's a binary thing, but unfortunately, it isn't 🙂
Thanks! It was the batteries even though everything else was working. When in doubt......
It's been a while since I had a TiVo, but I seem to recall there was something in the setup of the TiVo that allowed you to reprogram the remote. I'd try that, it sounds like it's not sending the same IR signal as it used to.

Or, just go into the Sonos controller and reprogram the remote there, it will "learn" whatever the TiVo remote is now sending, assuming that it's sending anything at all.

Might be worth trying just replacing the batteries in the remote, too. I've had issues that were fixed that way.