Answered

Volume control bars in drop down controls stack up...

• 20 October 2018
  • 6 replies

After a while the volume control bars, in my drop down controls start to stack up.. At this moment there are 7 different volume bars for the one sonos network.. 😕 This happens since the latest updates. The update that would fix some issues from the last one, didn't fix this.

icon

Best answer by John B 21 October 2018, 11:30

I suspect this whole thing is phone specific for the Nokia. I suppose there may be some interplay with the Sonos controller, as it is Sonos that is stacking up. Anyway, see how it goes. I am not sure, given that the problem is external to the Sonos app, that a diagnostic would reveal anything, but no harm in tryong it, if the problem remains.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I suspect this whole thing is phone specific for the Nokia. I suppose there may be some interplay with the Sonos controller, as it is Sonos that is stacking up. Anyway, see how it goes. I am not sure, given that the problem is external to the Sonos app, that a diagnostic would reveal anything, but no harm in tryong it, if the problem remains.
That’s odd. What happens if you quit the app, and restart it?

Have you considered submitting a diagnostic to Sonos while it is in this state? Or called in to their help line?
Restarting the app or clearing the cache doesn't help. Only restarting the entire device helps. Untill they start stacking up again..
Sending a diagnostic is only for when the support asks you to, right? Or can I do so at any given time?
Haven't called their support yet. I was hoping it got fixed with the additional update.
This is not going to be fixed by an update because it is probably something unique to you!

You can submit a diagnostic and post the number back here.

But first, uninstall the app from your device. Then power your device off and on. Then reinstall the app, choosing to connect to existing system. That may or may not help, but worth a try.
Ok, I'll try that first. If it doesn't help, I'll post a diagnostics the moment it occurs again.
It so happens I got the Android Pie update just now, for my Nokia 7 plus.
The volume controls from the main menu are different now, so we'll see how it plays out. The volume controls are there, but weirdly enough Sonos isn't displayed in the notifications dropdown anymore