Answered

volume

• 23 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

When I use the volume app on iPad with beam the volume turns down, does not happen when iPad app closed and using on iPhone. Tv is Sony Bravia.

many thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 March 2020, 23:02

If the Sonos controller is the active app, it also accepts input from the hard buttons on your iPad….or at least it does on both of my iPads, and my iPhone. It stops accepting that input when it isn’t the active app. This would fit within your explanation as to how the remote control app is acting differently in your iPad than it is on your iPhone. 

However, perhaps it might be more useful to you if you were to recreate the issue, and then, within 10 minutes, submit a system diagnostic, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. 

View original

7 replies

I’m not sure I understand your question. When you say the ‘volume app’, do you mean the Sonos controller app, or are you talking about something else? And what are you using on your iPhone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The Sonos app. When I try to adjust the beam volume through it, it automatically turns the level down to 0!

Ok, so when you use the controller app on the iPad, it turns down the volume on your Beam without you doing anything, but when you use the controller app on your iPhone it works as expected? That suggests a sticky or stuck hardware button on the iPad. You may want to look at that. The application is the same on both devices, essentially just a remote control that connects to the software running on the Beam, and sending commands to that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No sticking button you use your finger on the slider. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It’s like someone else is controlling it. 

If the Sonos controller is the active app, it also accepts input from the hard buttons on your iPad….or at least it does on both of my iPads, and my iPhone. It stops accepting that input when it isn’t the active app. This would fit within your explanation as to how the remote control app is acting differently in your iPad than it is on your iPhone. 

However, perhaps it might be more useful to you if you were to recreate the issue, and then, within 10 minutes, submit a system diagnostic, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thanks for all your replies, it turns out that the volume button on the side of the iPad was catching on the new case!