Answered

Voice Services “Sonos Offline”

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Voice Services not working suddenly. Neither Alexa or Google assistant can connect to Sonos Ones. GA says “can’t connect” and Alexa show the speakers offline. I have tried absolutely EVERY troubleshooting step without success. Of course, Sonos support unavailable till Tuesday. Any thing I might be missing?

Also…no microphone light on.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 31 May 2021, 13:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Perhaps try this to get the Amazon Alexa Assistant back up and running on your device(s):

1. Remove the Sonos ‘skill’ in the Amazon Alexa App skills section.
  2. Remove the Alexa Assistant from your speaker(s) in the Sonos App under "Settings/Services & Voice/Amazon Alexa"
  3. Log into Amazon account online and ‘deregister’ all your Sonos devices under the “Manage Content & Devices” section of your account (devices tab). The link to devices is something similar to the URL shown below, but you ‘may’ need to adjust the link to point to your own country/account: https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/mycd/digital-console/alldevices

Then go back to the Sonos App and start by adding your Alexa voice assistant to your speaker and follow the on-screen instructions and all being well, Alexa should then work fine.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks, Ken, already tried that. Definitely a Sonos issue - can’t set up either voice service. Very frustrating.

Thanks, Ken, already tried that. Definitely a Sonos issue - can’t set up either voice service. Very frustrating.

It’s working okay here at the moment. I use both assistants on Sonos and all is well. I prefer Alexa and have that on 5+ devices, Beam, Move, Roam etc. 

If you continue to have issues I would perhaps speak with Sonos Support via this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

HTH