Question

Virgin Media and TuneIn Playback Issue

• 23 December 2016
  • 38 replies

My household enjoys having the radio played all day. However, this has been an issue for some time with Sonos and Tunein. I have reset everything Sonos and checked my broadband and wifi. Was working fine for a while and then back to "unable to play .......". What is the permanent fix as I cannot simply go resetting Sonos and starting a fresh just to get 1 hour of radio before it cuts out again ? I have zero issues with other devices on wifi. What is the fix Sonos ? This is very frustrating. Something has changed as it used to be perfect and most enjoyable.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Having exactly the same problem here for the last couple of days. Very frustrating. All other Sonos features working.
Same issue here too. All features work fine except tunein which can't play station and this morning now can't search stations either
Same here, all working fine until a couple of days ago, i've tried everything to sort. Everything else works fine. Its twisting my melons!
Sonos, diagnostics number sent is 6907070 in the hope you can help resolve for me and many other people. Many thanks.
Same here. Can't enjoy my system even for a couple of weeks. It's really frustrating!
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello everyone. We are aware of a small number of reports that some Virgin Media Sonos Tune-In users may be experiencing connectivity issues. We are working with Virgin to identify any issues and will provide an update as quickly as possible. Could you please confirm that you are all Virgin users? If not, please Submit a Diagnostic and we will look into it.
Pierre C. Is there any possibility that bypassing the Virgin DNS servers would help short term? E.g. use Google Public 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Obviously depends on the nature of the issue.
Hi, yes i am a Virgin Media customer.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Pierre C. Is there any possibility that bypassing the Virgin DNS servers would help short term? E.g. use Google Public 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Obviously depends on the nature of the issue. This could have help yes. Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the DNS manually on the SuperHub.

Hi, yes i am a Virgin Media customer. Then please keep an eye on this topic. We will let you know as soon as we have anything to share.
Another Virgin cable customer here having problems with some, but not all tunein stations. e.g. Radio 2 works, but 4, 5, and Classic FM do not.
I'm not optimistic about this possible temporary workaround in this situation, but worth a try...

If someone who has this problem on BBC Radio 4, say, could try adding the station manually and see if it will play? You have to do this on a desktop controller (Mac or PC). On the Manage menu, choose Add Radio Station and follow the simple instructions. The URL to add is:

http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_radio_fourfm.m3u8

The station will appear in "My Radio Stations".
We have Virgin Media and up to this week we have not had a minutes trouble with Tunein. Now after the update, it all seems little hit and miss, sometime we can connect but only to certain stations, on other occasions we get "unable to connect ".
What is the issue?
We have Virgin Media and up to this week we have not had a minutes trouble with Tunein. Now after the update, it all seems little hit and miss, sometime we can connect but only to certain stations, on other occasions we get "unable to connect ".
What is the issue?

Diagnostic sent ref "Your confirmation number is": 6914771
Hello everyone. We are aware of a small number of reports that some Virgin Media Sonos Tune-In users may be experiencing connectivity issues. We are working with Virgin to identify any issues and will provide an update as quickly as possible. Could you please confirm that you are all Virgin users? If not, please Submit a Diagnostic and we will look into it. Another Virgin Media customer, diagnostics sent ref 6920658. Thanks. Having similar issues, but our radio hasn't worked for a few days now.
Has anyone tried a manually added station yet?
Has anyone tried a manually added station yet? Yes, you get a "encoding" error, I tried with BBC 6 Music. 😞
Thanks for trying but what link did you use please
Hi All,

using the Virgin 212MB service here and had the problem for the last several weeks. For those looking for Radio 2, manually add this radio station.

http://www.listenlive.eu/bbcradio2.m3u

This is a 128KB stream and seems to be rock solid whilst the other stream comes and goes after 7am in the morning.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Has anyone tried a manually added station yet? Yes, you get a "encoding" error, I tried with BBC 6 Music. :(

Use this stream for BBC 6 Music and you won't have any issues: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/bbc6music.pls

And for anyone wanting any other mp3 stream look here: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/mp3.asp
Has anyone tried a manually added station yet? Yes, you get a "encoding" error, I tried with BBC 6 Music. :(

Use this stream for BBC 6 Music and you won't have any issues: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/bbc6music.pls

And for anyone wanting any other mp3 stream look here: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/mp3.asp
Yes, this works, thanks 🙂 At least we can manually add a few we want now while waiting for a fix to the Tunein for VM 🙂
Thanks for trying but what link did you use please I was adding the link from the BBC Radio sites for streaming, but Jonnies post and Cefajoes works for me 🙂
Actually all of the Tunein radio station are working now!!! Yay! 🙂
I am a virgin media customer and I have experienced this problem recently. I've not tested it the last two days.
All appears to be back up and working at the moment, so whatever the issue was someone has sorted it....Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Having the same problem here with BBC 6 Music on TuneIn. I'm also a Virgin Media customer.