Answered

very unreliable Move recently!

• 18 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

My Move has recently become very unreliable. When I’m using it on the balcony it drops out pretty regularly, however this never seems to happen with my Roam.

This evening I was using it in the kitchen, grouped with a play 1 and it just … stopped playing music. According to the app it was still playing and still grouped, but I had no sound. I tried to ungroup it (planning to then re add it) but the app did not respond. I tried holding the play button to group it but it just ‘dinged’ and then flashed orange! 

My Sonos app says everything is up to date. I have a linksys velop mesh system that is regularly updated / restarted etc and currently all up to date too, and sonosnet as one speaker is wired in. All speakers except the move and roam are WM0, the portables are WM1. The MAC address for all Sonos items are reserved too.

I am wondering if the balcony issue is because the Move is usually connected to a further away velop node (close to where it lives indoors) which might explain the difference in connection to the Roam (as that lives near a closer node when indoors) but surely the point of a mesh system is to prevent dropout coverage? 

My move must be almost two years old but I wouldn’t expect this to be an issue. 

icon

Best answer by James L. 19 October 2021, 09:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @mrsmcg2018,

It certainly sounds like your Move lost connection to the network, and failed to reconnect to the closest Velop node. Is this the first time you’ve noticed this issue, or are you able to consistently reproduce it by taking the Move out to the balcony?

If the latter, I suggest submitting a system diagnostic after one such reoccurrence and getting in touch with our customer care team. They’ll be able to dive into which node the Move is connecting to, and whether or not it’s successfully roaming between them. 

Badge +1

Thank you so much I have done this. Got a bit confused how to send it to support (chat is offline and the helpline is an international call) but think I managed it. Appreciate the swift response!