Answered

Very Strange Problem - Missing rooms on some devices

• 3 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’m tearing my hair out! I’m hoping someone can help!

I have 9 rooms set up on my Sonos system with around 20 sonos products. Since the weekend, I’ve noticed 2 rooms (a Sonos One and a Beam) keep disappearing from the app. If they’re playing music it continues, and they respond to Alexa voice commands, they just can’t be seen or controlled from the App.

It’s always the same 2 rooms, there were no problems with them previously.

All devices are connected via my Boost (in about my system they all show WM: 0) I have other Beams and Sonos Ones which appear to have same version of software installed on them.

The really weird thing is they disappear from the app on my iphone 11 pro and ipad mini (we have one wall mounted as a central controller) but they don’t disappear from ipad pro. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it on all devices, logged out and logged in, but none of these things make a difference.

When they drop out they’re gone for hours at a time, but i can see them on my network (everything is connected via a Netgear Orbi system). Sonos is set to channel 6 on the 2.4g and Orbi is set to channel 1.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by iball123456 4 August 2020, 19:20

@Kyle A thanks for your response, after lots of trial and error, i narrowed it down to when i opened the app on my Ipad mini which was being used as a system controller. All rooms would show on my phones and other ipads, but when i opened the app on the ipad mini the two rooms in question vanished then vanished from the app on other devices. 

It’s an older ipad mini, but it turned out it was using an older IOS (12.4 i think it was) which i updated this morning and i haven’t had the issue since.

Fingers crossed!

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @iball123456, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

I would like to check the iOS version of both of the devices. To make sure they’re within the system requirements

Then, take a diagnostic from the Sonos app; so we can check the Sonos system. 

Go to Settings > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic and reply with the confirmation.

I would to also know the network setup, what model of the network devices like the router, mesh system, wireless access point, and the like.

Also, how everything is connected.

Understanding the Network setup is key in troubleshooting connection issues with the Sonos system.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

@Kyle A thanks for your response, after lots of trial and error, i narrowed it down to when i opened the app on my Ipad mini which was being used as a system controller. All rooms would show on my phones and other ipads, but when i opened the app on the ipad mini the two rooms in question vanished then vanished from the app on other devices. 

It’s an older ipad mini, but it turned out it was using an older IOS (12.4 i think it was) which i updated this morning and i haven’t had the issue since.

Fingers crossed!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @iball123456, thank you for the update.

I see, let us know if you encounter the same issue after updating one of the mobile devices.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.