very high pitched sound from beam

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies
I've only noticed this twice now, but in both cases, the sonos beam was not in use, and out of the blue it produced a loud very high pitched sound for about 10 seconds and then stopped. Not sure if this indicates any sort of problem.

5 replies

It could...but possibly not with your Beam, but with your TV. But either way, next time it happens, I'd submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
The same high pitch sound coming from my beam speaker happened again. This time, I submitted a system diagnostic within 5 minutes. I'm not sure what to do with the diagnostic ID number, so I am placing it here: 1475535346
This is a good place to put it, the forum folks will be back in Monday morning and can look at the diagnostic for you. Or, if you're looking for Sonos' 24/7 support, you can reach out on Twitter. Click on the "Contact us" at the bottom of this page for more information.
It happened again. The diagnostic ID for this time is 215740617.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
ptitle wrote:

It happened again. The diagnostic ID for this time is 215740617.

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. I don't see any errors in your report which would explain the sound you're hearing. Due to the nature of this issue it would be best to continue troubleshooting with our phone team. Please give us a call, you can find our number here.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings