Sonos doesn't seem to support TV to more than the Soundbar with surrounds plus a sub. I have 6 Play1s, the old ones, plus Playbar.
Had problems from day 1 (two years ago) trying to have TV sound play throughout my condo. I put speakers in the bedrooms (2), office, one washroom, kitchen, and living room, with the playbar also in the living room. Not set up as stereo pair, just individual speakers.
I'm not interested in Home Theatre with 5.1 etc., but I like being able to go from room to room including washroom and keep listening, mostly news channels. But it just won't work. Here are symptoms.
* One group, all 7 speakers, either playing music or TV
* Speakers communicating through Sonos Net as one of the Play 1s plugged into router
* Sound cuts out on Play1's every few minutes with TV audio
* TV audio playing through optical cable, tried different settings on TV, PCM currently
* Sound NEVER cuts out with music services or local music library
* Sound does NOT cut off on Playbar, only on the Play 1s.
* Changed optical cables several times
* Bought a Boost this week trying to make problem go away, the Boost now plugged into router. Money wasted.
* Contacted Sonos by phone, sent them diagnostic, they find no problem in hardware, network, channels etc.
So what's the problem, I asked? They only support TV in a home theatre setup with surrounds. The TV group can only have the surround setup plus subwoofer. They do not support additional speakers.
So love my Sonos for music, clarity, quality, ease of setup. But I hope people see this post and don't buy a Sonos system thinking they can have TV audio playing throughout their house or condo.