Verizon vs Sonos

• 5 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a Verizon Fios box hooked up to my TV. I have used Sonos for years and I have used both at the same time for years. I'll have music on while someone is watching TV. Just recently now , when the tv is on, and I start sonos app the tv goes to a blank blue screen. My apple tv works but the verizon fios box does not. Now while I'm actively investigating this, I find that once the screen goes blue and I shut down the sonos app the verizon box has to be turned off then back on for it to function normally. Not sure when this started to happen. I update my BigSur OS when apple sends around the updates and I'm wondering if that has something to do with this. Does anyone have any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’m thinking that this is some sort of WiFi interference issue. Is the TV’s cable box wireless? The blue screen is a puzzle. I expect that there would be some sort of error message if there is WiFi interference.

We can’t rule out some sort of hardware or firmware fault with the cable box. It’s possible that a recent firmware update to the cable box has issues.

A simple trial would be to mess with WiFi channels.

No the sonos system is not in any way physically connected

Is the SONOS system connected to the cable box or TV? if so, how?