Question

vanished playlist

• 19 December 2016
  • 2 replies

I updated my sonos app and then re-indexted my manage music but in the process my playlist vanished. I had it up ready to play at my party but after upgrading and indexing, it vanished, vanished from my iTunes even! I couldn't believe it! Anyone think it could still be around in Sonos somewhere? Thanks so I'll know next time that it can eat playlists :-((.....

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It was my boyfriend's son who was manning the process. I had made the playlist for my party and my guests had begun ringing on the doorbell! I had updated the app and was indexing my music to make sure that the playlist I had created was updated onto my sonos app. He swore he didn't do anything but I was not there and to be honest, I won't be asking him again! I don't think I would have lost it myself.....but by the time I got there, there was no amount of backtracking, it had gone for good!
Sonos' indexing is a read-only non-destructive process, so it cannot delete a playlist outright. Are you positive nothing was done in iTunes to remove the playlist?