Using Sonos as a 5.1 Surround Sound system

• 25 June 2019
  • 0 replies

I have had a Sonos system (playbar, sub, 2 x play 1) for 4 years now. I use the Sonos system predominantly as a 5.1 Home Theatre system. I have noticed for the past year that my system suffers with a loudness issue.

For example, if you are watching a movie the dialogues can be heard but then if the scene changes to a say night club scene or any other such scene the whole system tends to become very loud. I have to use the remote to adjust the volume down. However, when the dialogues are back on I have to again use the remote to turn up the volume to make the dialogues legible. This process is becoming very frustrating as I have to constantly keep adjusting the volume.

Is there a way to stabilise the setting or resolve this issue? I have turned the "loudness" to on, switched on speech enhancement and also switched on "night mode" to soften this impact. However, the problem stills persists.

I am now debating whether I should change the system to a traditional 5.1 system as very frustrated. I initially thought this was just down to my hearing but I have noticed my friends and family also complaining.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!