Question

Using Move with Bluetooth - Sonos App Won't Load

• 26 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi there! Last night was the first time I used the Sonos Move on bluetooth. However, without a wireless connection, the Sonos app doesn’t work for me. It says “Wifi isn’t connected” and then all of the screens within the app are blank. Therefor I can’t change playlists, skip songs, etc. (I use Spotify) Am I doing something wrong? Should I be controlling my music with Spotify instead of the Sonos app? Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You don't use the Sonos app with the Move in BT mode. The Sonos app is a remote control for the networked system and is incapable of playing music.

Use any music playing app you like and BT it to the Move.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

In Bluetooth mode it’s just a dumb speaker and will play whatever sounds the device attached to it (phone, tablet, laptop) as a replacement for that device’s speakers. So any music app on that device that would on  play over bt to the move. 

As John says the Sonos app is a controller of the WiFi Sonos system and does not play music on its own to right.