Answered

usb attached to vmg8825 router

• 31 March 2022
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

Hello friend. I just acquired a vmg8825 router and attached my ext hhd with my music files to it. I can see all the files from my Mac and from my iPad, but sonos can not find them.  pathway ought to be 192-168.1.1/ nmt/ usb2_sds2/sonos or any variation of this. no way can I make it work.  Please help!

icon

Best answer by popo 1 April 2022, 15:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Also, version of the Sonos OS in use? SMB version set on the NAS software running on this router?

File sharing permissions? Firewall?

pathway ought to be 192-168.1.1/ nmt/ usb2_sds2/sonos or any variation of this. no way can I make it work.  Please help!

Well for a start it would be //192.168.1.1/mnt/usb...  (without any spaces)

yes sorry for the mistype //192.168.1.1/ mnt  results in  “no mnt share on this computer”. sonos version 11.3   I can not find the smb version on the vmg8825 router. I know that can be a issue ?   usb harddisk fomated to Macos extended 

Darn. Just talked on the phone with sonos support.  Very friendly lady who new absolutely nothing about setting op the library from ext hdd.  Thought I had to connect my hdd to the computer ? started reading op from the handbook, oh wrong page ?   I wished her a good day 

found it ! as I thought it was a pathway problem.  the right pathway is //192.168,1,1/(usb2_sda2)sonos