Answered

Usage/Data weekly / YTD summaries no longer displaying

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
  • Renowned Enthusiast I
  • 101 replies

Strangely, my activity(usage)  weekly / YTD log showing hours used by speakers/ groupings seems to be no longer available.. perhaps it's and I've forgotten from which menu button to find it ... but I don't think so..

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 6 March 2020, 18:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Userlevel 2

@Ryan S Are there any plans to bring the analytics dashboard back? I loved it and was actually looking forward to more analytics over time. Is there a different way to get the data e.g. via an API?

Userlevel 1

I look forward to having it back too, I was enjoying to see the weekly data @Ryan S 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

that was a feature I truly enjoyed of Sonos.  looking forward to its return.  it was not perfect, particularly after December when Airplay 2 data started missing,but it was interesting enough.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I too miss the My Data info and would like to see it brought back.

Rgds

Userlevel 1

Would like to see this return indeed

Userlevel 1
Badge

Please bring the feature back!

Badge

I’d love to see this back as soon as possible too please. 

Userlevel 1

What a shame and it would have been nice to have had a heads up, rather than the link just stop working without redirect or explanation. I also enjoyed seeing the trends of usage (even if the input from the turntable never registered). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I don’t have any specific details on plans to bring back these dashboards, but I’ll let the team know you’re hoping to see them. There’s no API available for use to pull that data either.

Userlevel 1

if you’re still collecting the data then we should have access to it. It was a good feature and maybe you shouldn’t do stuff to convince sonos owners they are in a declining ecosystem they should move away from.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi IJN, I believe what you’re remembering wasn’t in app, but on Sonos.com 

We recently removed the My Data section of My Account as a result of some behind-the-scenes changes to our data sources. My Data was a way to visualize your home listening habits, such as how many hours of music per week, or most popular Rooms for listening. We haven't made any changes to what data we do or do not collect, this was purely a technical change that necessitated the removal of My Data. We're always looking for ways to help you get the most out of your listening experience in the future, so I’ll pass along your interest in seeing the feature returned at some time.

Just spent nearly hour trying to find overview of my Sonos usage …

Definitely would be appreciated to have it back available.

Please bring the “My Data” Page back! I liked it to see how I listen to music / TV in my rooms. Please Bring it back online!!!

Badge

I am going to jump in and echo this request to bring that page back.

Having usage data available is incredibly interesting and also important to help me convince my wife to buy more gear!

Bring it back!

I would like this feature back as well. It was interesting to see the sources I was using most and where in my home I was using the speakers. 

Sure, I’m on board with that concept. I’m not sure (and that’s not rhetorical, I honestly have no idea) if the law(s) cares about whether or not you’ve given permission. I can see, theoretically, lawyers saying “it’s too muddy in that area, better to just stop completely, rather than have to potentially have a lawsuit in each jurisdiction”.

But that’s just me. I really don’t know.

And, I suspect, the data wasn’t completely and always valid, and it was sucking up way too much engineering time to figure out why, so if/when the lawyers may have said “stop”, it was a relief on some group of people. Pure conjecture, though. 

But I don’t expect to see it return, in the current climate. 

Why are we sharing the data if we don’t get to see it?

That really isn’t sharing that is taking.  Please return this feature.

+1 (I was just looking for this to see how often I use Amazon vs. Spotify … being WFH all year, Sonos has gotten a workout and my Spotify “Wrapped” seemed way off of what I listen to since Amazon is my default Sonos streamer)

Badge

So… This is never coming back is it...

Badge

Yes, count me in to the list of users who want access to their usage data. Under EU law I think we have a right to all the personal data you hold.

Yes. Agree with all these posts. This was a really great, interesting, valuable and insightful feature that I thoroughly enjoyed and was highly disappointed when it was just randomly taken away.

Aren’t premium and forward thinking companies supposed to build on existing services &/or add new ones, not pull unique and beloved ones with no explanation and replacement?

Badge +2

Yep +1 loved this feature. Bring it back please!

I thought I was stupid not to find the data anylysis on sonos.com and finally found this post…

Please get the usage data analysis back...

Badge

Adding my vote for this. I too really miss this feature.

+1