Answered

Usage/Data weekly / YTD summaries no longer displaying

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
  • Renowned Enthusiast I
  • 101 replies

Strangely, my activity(usage)  weekly / YTD log showing hours used by speakers/ groupings seems to be no longer available.. perhaps it's and I've forgotten from which menu button to find it ... but I don't think so..

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 6 March 2020, 18:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Badge +2

Yep +1 loved this feature. Bring it back please!

ditto to all the above! Is this feature coming back?! :D

Badge

Adding my vote for this. I too really miss this feature.

+1

+1 (I was just looking for this to see how often I use Amazon vs. Spotify … being WFH all year, Sonos has gotten a workout and my Spotify “Wrapped” seemed way off of what I listen to since Amazon is my default Sonos streamer)

Badge

+1 for this feature back. I really enjoyed looking at the data. Also since WFH I am interested in seeing the workout it is getting. Like we are talking 10-16 hours a day would be my best guess.

Yes. Agree with all these posts. This was a really great, interesting, valuable and insightful feature that I thoroughly enjoyed and was highly disappointed when it was just randomly taken away.

Aren’t premium and forward thinking companies supposed to build on existing services &/or add new ones, not pull unique and beloved ones with no explanation and replacement?

One might see the potential of laws regarding privacy making features such as this untenable, in some jurisdictions. And Sonos, having software common across all products and locations would choose to just pull the feature, rather than expend the effort to maintain individual clients for individual countries.

One might see the potential of laws regarding privacy making features such as this untenable, in some jurisdictions. And Sonos, having software common across all products and locations would choose to just pull the feature, rather than expend the effort to maintain individual clients for individual countries.

It’s possible I suppose. However, as mentioned previously in this thread, I understand that Sonos give you the ability to choose whether this information is collected (or not) and if you are ok with it then they are a. Still collecting it anyway and b. Were only presenting it back to you for individual and personal consumption. Therefore, I’m not sure this would apply in the manner you suggest but I appreciate that data privacy and data sovereignty laws are an international minefield.

Sure, I’m on board with that concept. I’m not sure (and that’s not rhetorical, I honestly have no idea) if the law(s) cares about whether or not you’ve given permission. I can see, theoretically, lawyers saying “it’s too muddy in that area, better to just stop completely, rather than have to potentially have a lawsuit in each jurisdiction”.

But that’s just me. I really don’t know.

And, I suspect, the data wasn’t completely and always valid, and it was sucking up way too much engineering time to figure out why, so if/when the lawyers may have said “stop”, it was a relief on some group of people. Pure conjecture, though. 

But I don’t expect to see it return, in the current climate.