Answered

Updating Music Library with S1 SW on PC

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have the S1 SW on my PC.

I cannot update the music library because all the features under Manager are dimmed.

Ideas, here? The SW version I have is 11.2.2.

I don’t think I can update the software due to an issue with S1 controller on my iphone, and my iPhone’s iOS being older.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 July 2021, 01:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

I cannot update the music library because all the features under Manager are dimmed.

I don’t think I can update the software due to an issue with S1 controller on my iphone, and my iPhone’s iOS being older.

The current version of the S1 software is 11.2.9, so I suspect your hardware is perhaps already running on that version (check the ‘About Box’ in the App) and so I think you just need to update the App to the same later version of the S1 App.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

The current version of the S1 software is 11.2.9, so I suspect your hardware is perhaps already running on that version (check the ‘About Box’ in the App) and so I think you just need to update the App to the same later version of the S1 App.

I have an older version of the S1 app. I’d have to update my iOS. I’ll wait it out until I get a new phone some year if that’s the case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I have an older version of the S1 app. I’d have to update my iOS. I’ll wait it out until I get a new phone some year if that’s the case.

No. Just use SonoPhone on your phone to control the system, and use your PC app to do device updates and manage the file shares.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

No. Just use SonoPhone on your phone to control the system, and use your PC app to do device updates and manage the file shares.

This doesn’t solve my stated issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Are you sure the Sonos app for Mac will not update because the Mac’s iOS is not the latest version? I have read this about phones, not about Macs or PC’s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Why not? Install the latest PC S1 version 11.2.9. Update the music library settings using that.

Meanwhile on your too-old iPhone use SonoPhone as a controller.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Are you sure the Sonos app for Mac will not update because the Mac’s iOS is not the latest version? I have read this about phones, not about Macs or PC’s.

My S1 on my iPhone can only be updated if I I update my phone’s OS. I’m not willing to do that.

What am I not sure of (I’ll check w/TS) is if I update my PC’s Sonos program will this cause an issue w/my phone’s S1 in some way. I don’t think so, but I am not sure, and will not take the chance till I speak w/TS.

Why not? Install the latest PC S1 version 11.2.9. Update the music library settings using that.

It’s a long story that I don’t care to type out. In short I’m unwilling for now to update the iOS.

My phone isn’t too old hahahah I just have an “older” iOS that’s all.

I never buy apps, no need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

My S1 on my iPhone can only be updated if I I update my phone’s OS. I’m not willing to do that.

What am I not sure of (I’ll check w/TS) is if I update my PC’s Sonos program will this cause an issue w/my phone’s S1 in some way. I don’t think so, but I am not sure, and will not take the chance till I speak w/TS.

It’s a long story that I don’t care to type out. In short I’m unwilling for now to update the iOS.

My phone isn’t too old hahahah I just have an “older” iOS that’s all.

I never buy apps, no need.

You phone is apparently too old to run modern Sonos software, so lets forget that.

Go get the latest Sonos S1 software on your PC, and use that. Problem solved.

If you still want to control your music on your iPhone, get SonoPhone (which does work on iOS going back to prehistoric times). If you are happy using the PC app, don’t bother.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have no need to buy Apps. My phone works fine as is. Nor is it old, it does an older iOS. Thanks- bye

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So this is a case of user stubbornness?