Question

Updating Music Library

• 30 October 2016
  • 3 replies

I am unable to update my music library. I have successfully updated many times but when I go to Manage, the 'update music library now' is not highlighted, so I cannot activate it.
I have restarted computer, reset the sonos controller and still will not work. Anyone have any suggestions?
Greatly appreciated,
Lesley

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Your computer's operating system is too old for Sonos to support it, so you're left with very limited functionality (the likely reason)

You need to update the Sonos program on your computer (possible but less likely)
Your computer's operating system is too old for Sonos to support it, so you're left with very limited functionality (the likely reason)

So it may be that you can update your Mac OS to a version fully supported by Sonos. (Or that may not be possible, because of the age of your computer). Here is a link that tells you the current Sonos system requirements:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/127/~/sonos-system-requirements
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you computer isn't running the most recent Sonos app and you can't update an further because of computer being older..... you should still be able to fire it off using another device. Do you have the current app on an iPhone or android phone that you can set the re-scan from there. You can then set it to autoscan nightly.