Question

Updating controller

• 8 December 2016
  • 3 replies

I just want to get this right as i am very confused ( cant get my sonos playing )

Im looking to update the controller on my iphone so i can set up the speaker

my question is : it seems that i CANNOT update the app before there is actual money on the creditcard linked to my applestore account (also not working if u just dont have a credit card then ur pretty much ****? lucky i have one tho not everyone does) even tho the update is free?

yup i know apple fault etc.. but the thought that hits me first is more , for real? u created a speaker that i cant use if i dont have credit on my applestore? ;s

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

please any help is much apreciated i wont be getting any cash on the creditcard untill the 1st of january ! : (
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
please any help is much apreciated i wont be getting any cash on the creditcard untill the 1st of january ! : (

Hi Keira, we are aware of the issue when trying to update the Sonos app from the Apple App store. But it's very odd it's asking for a credit card. As you mentioned the Sonos app is free and all the software updates.

If you open the Apple App store and click on the "Updates" button found on the bottom right and update the Sonos app from there it should work. Let me know how it goes.

Hi Keira, we are aware of the issue when trying to update the Sonos app from the Apple App store. But it's very odd it's asking for a credit card. As you mentioned the Sonos app is free and all the software updates.

If you open the Apple App store and click on the "Updates" button found on the bottom right and update the Sonos app from there it should work. Let me know how it goes.

Nope doesnt matter where u click update.. You will still be redirected to the credit card page 100% of the times.