Question

Update problems

• 4 November 2017
  • 1 reply

I just updated my system and now it doesn't work - gives error message about insufficient network speed to maintain buffer despite the fact I've been using the same modem and internet service for years with no problem. Something wrong with update? Anyone else having a problem post system update?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

That message is about your local wifi, not your connection to the internet. There's something going on that is causing your speakers to lose connection to the internet.

There's a couple of things I'd recommend. First, a fresh network. Unplug from power all of your Sonos devices. Then reboot your router. Once the router is back up, plug in the first Sonos device, and if you have one that is plugged in to the router with an ethernet cable, choose that one. Wait long enough for that device to finish booting, then move on to the next and plug it in. Do this for as many Sonos devices you have.

Second, you may want to review the suggestions in Wifi Interference FAQ . There's quite a few suggestions that bear investigation in that.

Finally, if none of that works, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at.