Question

Update and lose Everything?

• 3 November 2017
  • 1 reply

So I updated my system and now it says "We can't connect to Sonos" after a minute on that screen it allows me to navigate for a minute and then goes back to can't find system.... Any Fix?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

First step would be a reboot of your router, I suspect. I'd certainly recommend that you unplug any Sonos devices from power before doing the router reboot, and then plugging them back in one at a time, allowing enough time between each for each speaker to boot up.

Another option might be to wire one of the speakers directly to the router, putting your system in Boost mode. I'd give it a minute or two to switch over before testing the controller app, though.

Another remote possibility is that the controller device you're running the app on is not on the same network as the speakers are. Make sure you're connected to the 2.4Ghz band, if you're running a wireless device. There are some routers that have issues in passing the signal between 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz bands, so it's worth double checking.

Don't ever do a full system reset (factory reboot) unless specifically instructed by someone from Sonos. If you do that, you'd lose all of the playlists, etc, that are currently stored on your speakers.