Answered

Update

• 16 February 2021
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have been trying to update my sonos for the last couple hours after re plugging it in over the weekend and not being able to use it. Originally the error code was 1101 so we did what they said; unplugged it all re plugged it back in still same error code, we tried unplugging main router and nothing we even tried on a different phone still nothing. Then today i decided to try again, new error code 1013. its plugged directly into the router and occasionally i click try again in hopes it will suddenly work to get a new error code like error code 30 or 1002. This is ridiculous and after plugging and unplugging and sitting on top of the router with the speaker and my phone and i still can not get it to update i need another solution?

Thanks

btw its a sonos play:1

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 March 2021, 13:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +17

Hi @D|N, thanks for reaching out to the community.

That mix of different error codes indicates that there are some communication issues between your Play:1 and the Sonos update server which is causing the update process to fail.

I recommend reaching out to our customer care team, so they can take a closer look at your system and see just what the root cause of the update issue is.

I did I was on the phone for an hour and 10 the first time and then again for an hour and 30 to which he couldn’t figure it out and asked if I could call back today as all his colleagues had left for the day so he couldn’t confer with them. This was after he accessed both my laptop to check firewalls and my phone. Still nothing worked after and I got other issues come up such as 1002 and 30 and then back to 1013

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @D|N 

Apologies for the delay.

Are you still having this issue? If you’ve already tried a factory reset of your Play:1 (as outlined here on Reset your Sonos product) I’m afraid I can only recommend that you get back in touch with our technical support team.