Answered

Unstable Tidal HD playback on Sonos

• 11 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I’m experiencing unstable playback with slow response (via app) from a group and common delay with some speakers and others not. The specific group includes these products: boost, play3, play1, play5, One SL and Connect:Amp. I’m using Tidal HiFi. The issue has gotten more common recently. 

Would be wonderful to hear ideas on what could cause this:-)

Diagnosis submitted: 1506863163

Thanks, Arnt

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 11 January 2021, 20:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Arnt,

Welcome. Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for your detailed post describing your concern. Let me help you with this.

Based on the diagnostic, wireless interference was detected in your Sonos system and it's caused by poor wireless conditions. an audio dropout due to a sync error, and the ethernet cable connected to your Boost is potentially a bad ethernet cable. Your Sonos speakers not only communicate with your network, but they also communicate with other speakers. This could be the reason why you're experiencing audio issues.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting and see if it works for you. 

1. Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Check the status lights on your Sonos speakers, they should have solid white light an indicator that your Sonos is connected.
  2. If available, replace the ethernet cable on your Sonos Boost
    • Observe your Sonos system performance.
  3. Change the wireless channel on the Sonos app
    • Settings > System > Network > Networks > SonosNet Channel > Set it to 1
    • Observe your Sonos system performance.

If the unstable playback issue is not fixed after performing the steps above, I recommend contacting our phone support with your full network setup including the make and model of each device, and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks, Rowena. I will try this out.