Question

Unstable/No Connection to Spotify

• 20 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Hi,

My spotify service is working very well on my mobile devices but sonos keeps losing connection to it.

As usual I unplugged everything including the bridge reboot, changed channel etc. Nope not working. Maybe in 2 min it will reconnect but thats been the case many times so far. I need a solution there please.

Diagnostic #: 6766617

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

My spotify service is working very well on my mobile devices but sonos keeps losing connection to it.

As usual I unplugged everything including the bridge reboot, changed channel etc. Nope not working. Maybe in 2 min it will reconnect but thats been the case many times so far. I need a solution there please.

Diagnostic #: 6766617

Hi Cagri,

There appears to be some wireless interference causing communication errors on your Sonos system. It looks like the BEGUM&CAGRI unit is having the hardest time communicating wirelessly with your other Sonos units. Are there any third party wireless devices nearby? If so, try moving them away and see if things get better.

It may also help to change the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.
Hey jeff, not really. Nothing near that unit except for usual things like laptop, mobile phone etc. Spotify is back but keeps being unreliable. Any other suggestion?
Badge
Hi I have the same problem. I have tried removing Spotify and doing a reset of my play 5 however Spotify on the Sonos app plays a track but nothing is coming out of the speaker and then you get a connection to Spotify is lost.

I can play from plex and sound cloud without any problems. Please can someone investigate and figure out why it's not working.

Diagnostics submitted Your confirmation number is: 6821196
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hey jeff, not really. Nothing near that unit except for usual things like laptop, mobile phone etc. Spotify is back but keeps being unreliable. Any other suggestion?

Hi, were you able to try different WiFi Sonos channels? Like Jeff mentioned.

Hi I have the same problem. I have tried removing Spotify and doing a reset of my play 5 however Spotify on the Sonos app plays a track but nothing is coming out of the speaker and then you get a connection to Spotify is lost.

I can play from plex and sound cloud without any problems. Please can someone investigate and figure out why it's not working.

Diagnostics submitted Your confirmation number is: 6821196

Hi, I've reviewed your diagnostic and found a DNS error. Have you changed your IPS's DNS settings? If yes, can you change it back to the ISP's DNS.
Let us know how it goes.