Question

unreliable

• 25 November 2015
  • 8 replies

Unfortunately Sonos still seems to be unreliable in terms of WiFi which is a shame as sound quality is good but I would not recommend this product

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

You might want to give a little more detail, chances are your issue could be fixed pretty easily.
when playing from my itunes music library songs often wont play (unable to access music library or other such error). today I had to remove the music library from sonos and re install to get it to work I'll see how it goes but this has always been an issue. some components just stop playing randomly. BBC has always been a problem but the new update may have fixed this. Not really looking like a fully sorted system.
And yet I've been doing the same thing for years and the only time is doesn't work is if I've had a power cut and forgotten to turn the NAS back on. You have a issue, that doesn't mean everyone else does or that the software doesn't work. Fix your underlying issue and the problems will go away.

And the BBC hasn't ALWAYS been an issue, only since the BBC changed the format of their streams unannounced. That is now fixed.
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Did you ever contact Sonos support to help you with these issues?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
when playing from my itunes music library songs often wont play (unable to access music library or other such error). today I had to remove the music library from sonos and re install to get it to work I'll see how it goes but this has always been an issue. some components just stop playing randomly. BBC has always been a problem but the new update may have fixed this. Not really looking like a fully sorted system.
Hi andy166, welcome to the community.We'd be happy to check your Sonos system and network. Can you send us a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number? Here's an article link: How to Submit Diagnostic
Same problem, same BS from Sonos. Never works, always 'problems'.
Nothing like posting to a 3 year old thread, and not including any information that might give the community an opportunity to assist you. Or did you just want to complain, and not actually get help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Looking at their only other post I'd say not looking for help. I'm out of it.

https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/starting-to-get-sick-of-sonos-6808693/index1.html#post16292112