Answered

Unplugged Bridge from power now system is unavailable

• 7 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 22 replies

Hi all. Yesterday I unplugged my Bridge from the power strip and when I plugged it back in the system is now not available. I tried a different electrical outlet and still no go. I don’t see any activity lights on the Ethernet ports or on top of the bridge. Is it dead?

I’ve also read that a bridge is no longer needed? What is required to do that?

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Ed

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 7 March 2021, 08:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi all. Yesterday I unplugged my Bridge from the power strip and when I plugged it back in the system is now not available. I tried a different electrical outlet and still no go. I don’t see any activity lights on the Ethernet ports or on top of the bridge. Is it dead?

I’ve also read that a bridge is no longer needed? What is required to do that?

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Ed

eyost,
You could possibly wire another Sonos device in place of the Bridge temporarily and that should bring your devices back online so they then appear in the Sonos App. If a device doesn’t appear after a few minutes, then just power-cycle it. 

Once all devices are back up and running, goto "Settings/System/Network/Wireless Setup” and enter your routers 2.4Ghz WiFi credentials (case sensitive), then you can remove the ethernet cable and all should then run on your WiFi signal instead.

Badge +3

Thanks so much for the information. I’ll give that a try tomorrow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The Bridge power supplies have been problematic and prone to hard to diagnose failures, yours may have died.

Solutions:

Wire another Sonos device (as above)

Buy a Boost, a much improved replacement for the Bridge

Replace the power supply on your Bridge, ebay, amazon or a local shop should have a compatible unit.

Badge +3

Thanks all - the suggestions that Stanley_4 and Ken_Griffiths gave me worked great. I had no idea that you could use Sonos without a Bridge; ‘course I have had it for nine years so I guess maybe things have changed since then.

Thanks again,

Ed