Unifi Sonos Unifi loosing speakers

• 22 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I have a set of Sonos speakers (S3, S1, SOne and SMove). What I see regularly is that the other speakers lose the IP address/connection and can’t return. The strange thing is that the Sonos Move does not seem to have this problem at all. And the problems started to occur when the Sonos Move entered the system.

I see the same thing happening with my parents that have a more or less the same setup.

Sonos:
1x Sonos 1
1x Sonos One
1x Sonos 3
1x Sonos Move

Wifi:
3x UAP-nanoHD - 5.43.19.12493
1x US-8-60W - 5.43.18.12487
1x USG-3P - 4.4.52.5363511

I'm reaching out in this forum and not in Unifi's support channel since the Sonos devices are the only ones that have this behaviour.

7 replies

• In the Ubiquiti-Controller disable "Auto-Optimize Network" as well as "Block LAN to WLAN Multicast and Broadcast Data"
  • Choose 20 MHz over 40 MHz in the 2.4 GHz band
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I had so many issues with Sonos I was getting really frustrated.

Setting static/reserved IP addresses from my DHCP settings solved almost every issue.

Make the settings, power down all sonos, reboot router and controller and power the Sonos up. Any wired first then by distance from the router is usually best.

Going to give both a try lets see if that fixes it.

Going to give both a try lets see if that fixes it.

Hi there, I have similar issues. Did any of the above work? Thanks

Same issue here, a SMove is used to lose IP address. Already tested everything above. :( Quite frustrating.

Any clue?
Andrea

Same issue here, a SMove is used to lose IP address. Already tested everything above. :( Quite frustrating.

Any clue?
Andrea

I set the 2.4 channels manually per AP, 1,6,11 etc and it worked. Not sure why but it worked for me. 

Userlevel 2

I was told by UNIFI support to change the DTIM period for my network from 1 to 3. It worked like a charm for a year. I then started to have the same problems again recently. I have now changed it to 5 and it works perfectly again