Question

Unexpected error occurred while importing playlists

• 11 July 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi
I am having trouble getting my Sonos to import playlists from my iTunes on a Mac. I have the "share iTunes library xml with other applications" on in my iTunes preferences but keep getting the unexpected error message after about 2 minutes of indexing. I'm sure this is something straightforward but I can't seem to get it working. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Gary

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Gary,

I'm assuming you've looked at the FAQs on this site, and I don't have any particular assistance of my own, beyond the suggestion that if nothing in the FAQ helped, you may want to submit a system diagnostic and post the number here within 10 minutes of getting that error. The data in the logs that are submitted as part of that process might help Sonos pin down the issue you're experiencing.
Many thanks for the quick reply. I have tried all the suggestions in the FAQ's so I'll submit the system diagnostic.
Here's the confirmation number is: 7596069.

Thanks
Interesting. I'll keep my eyes on this thread to see what a Sonos rep comes up with. Good luck!
Still having this problem Sonos, do the diagnostics show anything?
They seem to be overwhelmed right now with other avenues of communication. I'd recommend that you try one of those, so you can get a quicker response. Check www.sonos.com/contact for your local possibilities.