Answered

Unable to use Apple Music with Sonos

I currently can't use Apple Music with Sonos. The Sonos app says I am unable to browse my library and need to reauthorise the service.

Reauthorising the service leads to a loop where I have to keep reauthorising the service and can never see my library.

I've uninstalled both apps and reinstalled but it doesn't fix the problem.

I'm on an Android phone

Any help please?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 20 August 2022, 10:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Maybe checkout the steps in the post below…

Userlevel 1
Badge

Had this response from APPLE today..

Thank you for getting back to me.

I understand that you’d like to know, when the issue will be resolved. Rest assured that I’ll answer your question as best as I can.

Even though you were able to use Apple Music with your Sonos speakers without Alexa in the past, Apple doesn’t guarantee that it will work in the future, unless you are using Alexa enabled Sonos speakers. We cannot tell you whether and when Sonos speakers without Alexa will work with Apple Music. That’s why it is of importance that you leave your feedback on our feedback page for Apple Music:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-music.html

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I am getting the feeling that a fix is unlikely

Seems they are pretty disinterested in fixing the issue as Android Apple Music will work on SONOS with Alexa capabilities.

Most of the issues seem to be with the older PLAY 1 or others with no Alexa capabilty.

Basically, by SONOS PLAY 1s are nothing more than decorative.

I hope this is not the case, but the apple contact seemed to be aware of the issue.

I understand that you’d like to know, when the issue will be resolved. Rest assured that I’ll answer your question as best as I can.

Even though you were able to use Apple Music with your Sonos speakers without Alexa in the past, Apple doesn’t guarantee that it will work in the future, unless you are using Alexa enabled Sonos speakers. We cannot tell you whether and when Sonos speakers without Alexa will work with Apple Music. That’s why it is of importance that you leave your feedback on our feedback page for Apple Music:

Seems they are pretty disinterested in fixing the issue as Android Apple Music will work on SONOS with Alexa capabilities.

Most of the issues seem to be with the older PLAY 1 or others with no Alexa capabilty.

I hope this is not the case, but the apple contact seemed to be aware of the issue.

Maybe see my reply to your duplicate post here:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Maybe see my reply to your duplicate post here:

saw it and replied. My issue is not with Alexa, as explained in my reply to you

Same problem for me when using sonos app on android phone. No problem when streaming apple music to sonos from macbook air.

So must be a sonos app problem 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So must be a sonos app problem 

We can’t tell. Following the topics about this, it seems it’s a problem with Apple letting the Sonos system (not the app, that’s only a remote to the system) be authorised from an Android phone. It looks like this is Apple’s responsibility.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Same here, struggling since yesterday! (On Alexa enabled speakers) At my wits end to say the least!  🙁

Badge

Just for the record, I am having the same issue as Dave beas (who initiated this thread) and have carried out the same activities to try to resolve.

Apple Music was was working fine through Sonos prior to a recent overseas trip, but has refused to work since my return.

I note the work-around suggestion made and when I find a suitable IOS user, I might try it.  However, that should not be necessary.

I have initiated a conversation with Apple Music support, but that is a long way from reaching someone knowledgable enough to make an intelligent response.

Having scanned through these community pages, there seems to have been similar issues occurring over many months in a bizarre range of circumstances.

Apple fixed the issue once before, without actually acknowledging the issue…I suspect we’re expecting them, in ‘Apple time’, to do so again. 

Badge

Further to my message of 15 days ago . . .

I called the Sonos support number today (listed for me as https://support.sonos.com/s/contact?language=en_US).

I was asked to check for updates to both the Apple Music App and my Android phone. Both appeared to not require updating. However, as a result of doing this, Apple Music is now working perfectly well again.