Answered

Unable to use any Sonos product

• 14 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’ve got a ply 5 and arc which over the last few weeks I have nothing but issues with when trying to stream to them from Spotify but also when trying to use via the Sonos app.

I have hard reset numerous times and after each time it works as it should for a few days and then stops again. I’ve tried another router, another device with a fresh install of the app, different Spotify versions from diff devices.

Sonos app either can’t see the devices or when it does see them it send the music and starts to play but then stops however the app shows it has still playing. 

if I then try to chance the track is states unable to communicate with the device. Something seriously is wrong with the firmware on these devices given the issues I have been facing.

I have created a diagnostic reports 

1221722172 - one created where it can see the devices.

1437137898 -  created after it fails to load tracks from spotify

1613459050 - factory reset on play 5 and readded

1916671189 - sending Spotify tracks to play 5 and error. When I get this error my play 5 gets removed from the app and I have to factory reset to add back in.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 15 February 2021, 10:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Chincha, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community.

Are you using an Asus router by any chance? There have been a few reports of general connection issues such as you’re experiencing, related to firmware on Asus routers.

If this is the case, you can find a thread here which provides some further information, such as the last working firmware version for the Asus router - 

Badge

You hit the nail on the head. Thank you it’s been driving me crazy