Answered

Unable to update error 9

Play 3. Receiving error 9 when downreving from 7 to 6.5. Left beta, reinstalled app, search for updates, downloading ( quick blip) , restarting, error code 9
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 6 December 2016, 17:15

Hi everyone,

The beta has now gone live so you should be able to update normally. You may need to go to follow these steps to leave the beta.. Please send me a direct message if you continue to have any troubles.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

196 replies

Same issue here but with playbar. If you find a solution, please post it. I've sent in a ticket to support for help.
Email said I had to update (beta). Tried but failed. Left beta. Still unable to update. Error 9. Now I cannot update my music library, change library settings, service settings, add radio station. No useful stuff online.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Wire one of your components (Sonos) to the router and then try and update again
Thanks Stuart. Tried a bit more last night. Still no luck. Here's where I'm at:

Tonight I tried to upload the beta software 7.0 to my Sonos system. It uploaded onto my play bar but not onto my play1. I tried unplugging play1, removing myself from beta program, uninstalling and then reinstalling all controllers and then reverting back to previous update on play bar per Sonos website support pages. Update stalls and I get an error code 9 message which doesn't show up at all on the Sonos support pages. I then tried to unplug the play bar, rejoin beta program, plugged the play1 into router directly and upload the 7.0 beta software and get error code 30. I tried all of the suggestions for that error code, but the play1 will not accept it. I am able to use the play bar or the play1 each by themselves as long as the other is unplugged and not on the network. I'm assuming because they have different software versions. Also tried factory reset on play bar as a last resort, but it still shows version 7.0 Haven't tried attaching playbar directly to router yet. It's mounted to tv in different room so need to to do a little bit more effort there.
I can easily ethernet my play 3 in a few minutes. Brb.
Attached ethernet. Top light blinks. Once stready attemped the update, error code 9. Reset (the only) controller, new system setup ,boost/ethernet , two button hold on play 3, connected. Attempted update no change. Previous was from android device. Attempted from and iphone. Same error. Diagnostic 6760072 available.
Same error on our studio's brand new Play 5; left Beta, have tried to update on Mac desktop OS controller, various Apple and Android devices, and reset the device with wifi and/or ethernet hookup. Still get Error 9 during system update on all of them. No option to add new music platforms... thus making reducing epic speaker's potential to a big black €575 radio. Diagnostic 6760022. Bah.

Never joining anything Beta again.

That would be wise, considering one of the conditions for beta is to report all problems through the official beta feedback page. Beta is clearly not for everyone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Play 3. Receiving error 9 when downreving from 7 to 6.5. Left beta, reinstalled app, search for updates, downloading ( quick blip) , restarting, error code 9

Hi Attache88,

There is currently an issue with downgrading from the beta program. In order to do so you'll have to work with our phone team. Please give us a call and reference case number: 161118-002963. Our phone number and hours are found here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same issue here but with playbar. If you find a solution, please post it. I've sent in a ticket to support for help.

Hi Spanozzo,

We'll need to work with you on the phone in order to get you system off of the beta software. Please give us a call and reference case number: 161118-001701. You can find our phone number here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Email said I had to update (beta). Tried but failed. Left beta. Still unable to update. Error 9. Now I cannot update my music library, change library settings, service settings, add radio station. No useful stuff online.

Hi Samhorn61,

Please give us a call and reference this case number: 161118-002123. We'll help get your system downgraded off of the beta program. You can find our number here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same error on our studio's brand new Play 5; left Beta, have tried to update on Mac desktop OS controller, various Apple and Android devices, and reset the device with wifi and/or ethernet hookup. Still get Error 9 during system update on all of them. No option to add new music platforms... thus making reducing epic speaker's potential to a big black €575 radio. Diagnostic 6760022. Bah.

Hi Danko,

There's currently an issue with downgrading from our beta program but our phone team can help. Please give us a call and then reference ticket number: 161118-002619. Our phone number and hours in your region can be found here.
Thanks Jeff. Yeah already had a beta feedback ticket, but better to have 2 than none 🙂 .

Spoke lvl 2 support. He setup a temporary version to be pushed through the 'online updates' on my play 3. This version allowed the 6.x stable verison 'online updates' process to then complete without error 9 or any error.

Sorry it wasnt for you Danko. I like helping products I love grow and am willing to work through these issues.

Thank you all.
Thanks Jeff; it's after hours now, but I'll contact Sonos on Monday morning.
Prost, und schönes wochenende.

- D
I wonder exactly how much feedback the Community folks at Sonos are giving to the programmers who broke the "exit from Beta" part of the software.....

🙂
Same issue here, ticket 6763223
Same issue here
Same issue regarding error 9 and no chance to add new devices to the library or reconnect to apple musics
Badge
same issue
Same issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Same issue.

Hey Ben, I just reached out to you in a private message. If you're around right now to take a couple steps please let me know.
Badge
What about the rest of us???????
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
What about the rest of us???????

If you haven't had a chance to work with a technician already I'm happy to help. We need to do a couple steps and it requires us both to be online at the same time. I just sent you a private message, you can reply back there if you'll be on for a bit.
Same issue. I asked from their Facebook page and they fix my problem in few minutes. They have followed me step by step. Very nice
Badge
I apologize. Rather than check my email first I spouted off. Thanks for the private message. I'm going to look at it now.
Thank you
Darin