Question

Unable to see playlists on my Sonos after migrating my library between Imac’s

• 6 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I bought a new IMac running Monterey and transferred my music library between the  networked machines via the migration assistant

i then exported all of my playlists from my old iMac to my new one via the ITunes export and import function 

On my Sonos I then added my new music location, indexed and can see my complete library in Sonos, however, it did not bring in imported playlists, which now shows ‘no selections are available’. I have followed all of the related topic in the Sonos community, but so far nothing changes.

I have created new playlists, new smart playlists and reindexed, but nothing comes across in Sonos. So frustrating

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sdennis99 

Thanks for your post!

iTunes used to keep it’s playlists in an xml file stored in the iTunes folder. Nowadays, it keeps it somewhere else that Sonos cannot find. Therefore, an xml file needs to be made and placed where Sonos can find it. The Sonos app (for the Mac) will create this file for you if it doesn’t find it, but something may have gone wrong. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to fix this for you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, will give that a go