Answered

Unable to see playlists on my own Sonos after migrating my personal library between Ima

• 11 August 2022
  • 1 reply

I upgraded to an IMac running Monterey, and I used the migration assistance to move my music library between the networked computers. I then used the ITunes export and import feature for Expertsapk to transfer all of my playlists from my old iMac to my new one.I then uploaded my new music location to my Sonos system, had it indexed, and was able to access my whole music collection. Imported playlists, however, were not included, and the system now displays "no selections are available" instead. I have kept up with all relevant discussions in the Sonos community, but nothing has changed thus far. I've updated my index, made new smart playlists, and built new playlists, but Sonos doesn't play anything.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 August 2022, 14:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Perhaos see if this may work for you (taken from an online Apple forum discussion) …

Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Share iTunes Library XML if you want the XML file to be created/updated. This is useful if you have third party apps that need to view playlists etc.

(Ensure the .xml file is saved in the music library folder root).